This Breaking News is brought to you by Drake Software – the preferred tax software of Latino Tax Pro!
We have good news and bad news.
The bad news: The IRS is among the government agencies affected by the government shutdown.
The good news: The IRS has a contingency plan in place which addresses which services the agency will and will not offer during the shutdown. Check it out:
During the shutdown, the IRS is still offering the following services:
- Processing electronic and paper filed returns
- Processing disaster relief transcripts
- Design and printing of tax forms
- Accepting payments
During the shutdown, the IRS is NOT offering the following services:
- Answering phone calls – try it 800-829-1040
- Issuing tax refunds!
- Processing 1040X amended returns
- Conducting audits or examinations of returns
Although the IRS has yet to announce a beginning to the 2019 tax season, we encourage you to continue planning for the upcoming tax season and suggest you take this tax update webinar to make sure you’re up-to-date on all the new tax changes before the season starts.